Tuesday, January 10, 2017

First WIP of the New Year

Back in November or early December I stumbled upon the reminisce of the tent sale at my local Lens Mill store. Ethan had been asking for a new Greyson sweater for quite awhile, but I hadn't bought any yarn for it yet. Well, he's a 9 year old boy and wears his clothes hard, so I definitely wanted something durable, super washable and inexpensive. I found packs of 6 balls of Patons Canadiana for $18. HOLY POODLES. That was a good price. I grabbed a pack of the burnt orange colour and stashed it away until after my xmas knitting was finished. Well on January 5th I cast on and I've made good progress so far. I'm almost done the body. If my calculations are correct I only have about 4" left to go. So far I've used up nearly 2 balls of yarn. I imagine I'll start on the 3rd one before I finish the body, but my overall guess is I'll only go through four of them for the whole sweater.


The last time I knit this sweater for him I did it in a size 5. This time I'm doing it in a size 10. It'll be a little big on him but that's okay; I'm actually knitting the sleeves and body slightly longer than called for so he gets more use out of it. I'm smart like that. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I had lots of Canadiana sweaters as a kid - they wear like iron!

    ReplyDelete