Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Pain in the ...

For a week now my throat has been sore, it's hard to swallow, I cannot open my mouth very wide at all. It started out small, a little scratchy, and I figured it was a cold. By Friday I had a fever, and Saturday was no better. Sunday morning I sucked it up and went to the Walk In Clinic figuring I had strep throat. They looked at me, took a swab to be sent off and gave me a dose of a super tough anti-inflammatory, telling me to "keep taking advil for the pain" and that they don't believe it is strep at all. The meds worked fantastic, the pain went away, and I thought "ooh, this is over." I hadn't slept more than 3 hours since last Tuesday, but finally Sunday night I got a good night's sleep.

It isn't over.

Last night while I was at work I could feel the pain creeping back in. I, again, googled my symptoms. Wisdom teeth. Damn. Infection. Damn damn,

I took some advil and headed off to bed around midnight. At 2:47am I woke up and I've been awake ever since. The pain is excruciating. I'm trying to get into my actual doctor today because I'm not trusting Dr. Google 100% and if it is my wisdom tooth I will then call the dentist, but in the meantime I need some better pain killers.

At least I've got Game of Thrones to keep me company. I just finished episode 1 of season 7. Onto the next. I've got at least 3 hours until my doctor's office opens.


1 comment: