Tuesday, September 26, 2017

More of Cecil

Yesterday, 14 days after his surgery, Cecil had his post-op check up with Dr. Sarah. His stitches were removed, as was his cone of shame, and he was given the all clear. He is back to his normal playful self. He is more of a snuggle bug with me than he was before, but Valerie and I think it's because he knows who saved him. Yes, Michael and I made the decision to save him together, but I took him to all his appointments and took care of him the most after his surgery. I also cried on him the most, so I'm willing to wager we are bonded by tear salt. ;) Even as I am writing this he has himself tucked under my arm, propped up on my hip, with his paws stretched out to my hands on the keyboard ... and purring. Lots of lovely, noisy purring.

The first thing Cecil did yesterday when he got home was jump into a cardboard box the girls (Ezra and Ruby) have been playing in for a couple of days. The second thing he did was grab his favourite sponge ball and play. He played for over an hour straight, occasionally checking in with me to make sure I was still hanging around.


He was SUPER stinky from being confined to a crate for two weeks ... mostly because he's weird and chose to sleep in his litter box rather than in the comfortable basket of blankets I had provided him. After his hour or so of playing ball I scooped him up, plunked him in the kitchen sink, and with Michael's help, gave him a bath. He mostly just stood there and let me bathe him, but if Michael had not been there I'm sure he would have bolted a couple of times. Now he is soft, fluffy and doesn't smell like litter box, which makes cuddling with him so much more pleasant. :)

Sleepy and content

Handsome kitty.

I love his eyes and his pink pink nose. I think I will have them tattooed on me some time in the future, once his exponentially large vet bill is paid off. Eyes, nose and a couple little whiskers.

I spoke of knitting for xmas in my last post. I have decided that my main gift for most people will be Old School Hanging Towels. Who doesn't love those?!? I'll do up some dishcloths and fingerless mitts for some people too. Just easy and economical stuff this year.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sooooooooooooooooooo happy he's doing well. Give him a big squishy cuddle from Auntie V.

    ReplyDelete