Monday, March 24, 2014

Tumbling Bunny

Hey hey!

I feel good today. I got my new Spring hair-do and I'm feeling pumped for the upcoming Around the Bay Road Race this weekend. I'm running the 5km with my BRF Jenny, my sister and BRF's hubby. Michael is running the 30km race (crazy!) for the 2nd year in a row. The weather is supposed to be beautiful so I'm really stoked. I might even wear capri pants! YAY!

I knit a bunny.

This was my first time using safety eyes on a stuffie. Very cute. I like them. :)

He doesn't have a name, and although his socks are purple and pink I still think he's definitely a HE. He feels he-ish to me.

HE-Bunny is for my mom. I'm going to try to sneak it into her backpack as a surprise during her next chemo treatment. She calls me Bunny (or she did when I was growing up -- I'm Bunny, my sister is Mouse -- Bunnies are way cooler) so I figured since I can't be with her, a bunny I knit for her is the next best thing.

Pattern: Tumbling Bunnies
Yarn: Bernat Satin
Needles 3.5mm
So yeah, I haven't mentioned my mom's cancer here before because she's been very private about it ... and because she's very private about it, I'm not going to get into any great detail. She was diagnosed in December 2013, had surgery in January 2014 and started chemotherapy in February 2014. She's upbeat and positive and has a fantastic support system, myself and HE-Bunny included. GO TEAM!

1 comment: