Thursday, April 7, 2016

Kitten Knitting

At the end of January my local chapter of the SPCA posted this to their Facebook page ...

Challenge accepted!!

From January 23rd until this point (April 7th) I have knit seven kitten blankets, plus one that is nearly finished. As well, a fellow knitter donated some yarn and two additional blankets to me to use and gift to the SPCA. The blankets 2nd and 3rd from the top of the pile are from yarns she gifted me, the rest is yarns I've had leftover from previous projects. I don't know how many more blankets I will knit, but I do know I'll keep going until I get bored of it. I have other projects I want to work on too, but they don't work well in low-light while watching the newest episodes of House of Cards.

Tower of Kitty Blankets

Seven off the needles, one on the go.
As you can see, Ezra approves of this project.


As for running, in 23 days I have my favourite race of the season. The Hazel 5km in Mississauga with Valerie. She knits, I run. It's the perfect combination. This is the fourth year we have done this race together! It is so much fun!! Every year I have ran a new personal best time at that race, but I've been a slacker so I'm not sure I will beat last year's time. We'll see. I also have another couple races planned. Michael signed up for the Run for the Toad 50km race again this year. He tells me one day he'll have me running 50km (and more), but I'm not sure I am as dedicated to the long distances as he is.



And with that ... on this rainy April morning ... Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. They look great. I hope you're going to let Ezra keep just one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! I know our local shelter really appreciates knitted blankies like these. :)

    ReplyDelete