Monday, February 5, 2018

2018 So Far

2018 has proven itself to be a tough contender so far, which is one of the many reasons I haven't posted at all. Another reason is I've been lazy.

It started great, the first week and a half, fantastic! Michael had dental surgery that ended up being okay in the end but was problematic for him for about two weeks. I went to the doctor for a check up and have ended up needing a plethora of tests. I get my results on Feb 15th.

However the very worst part of 2018 was when Cecil got sick again. Around mid-January he started acting funny. We hoped it was just another bout of pancreatitis so we gave him pain meds, laxative and appetite stimulants like we did in October, as advised by our vet. We hoped and prayed it was not another case of him eating something foreign like he did in September when he required surgery. He wasn't getting any better so I took him in for a check up. His bowel was impacted. Far worse than in September. I had to make the difficult decision to have him euthanized. We talked about doing a second surgery to remove the obstruction from his bowel but the vet said she didn't think it would be successful because of the size of the mass. It took up a significant portion of his bowel. My poor baby. He was only 15 months old. He suffered from an eating disorder called PICA which gave him the unconscious desire to eat non-food items.

Michael, the kids and I miss him so much. He was such a special little guy. Ezra, Ruby, Dozer and Moose miss him too.

Cecil
October 27, 2016 - January 22, 2018
Here's to hoping 2018 gets better.

1 comment: