Friday, March 6, 2015

Did I say Lamb?

Maybe I jumped the gun on the lamb thing, because the very next day we had some rather lion-like weather. Snow, freezing rain, just a generally yucky winter storm, and after a day of higher temperatures (-4C ish) the temperatures plummeted again. Minus double digits again. When I woke up this morning it was -19C. So yeah, maybe I should have said lion. Or lamion. Or liamb. Either way it seems like the lion and the lamb are getting along and conspiring against us.


I was getting pretty far in the first birthday sock. I had the heel turned and had picked up stitches for the gusset and then the worst thing happened. I realised I dropped a stitch somewhere in the heel and I tried to pick it up and fix it but my efforts were fruitless. I had to frog it. I'm not saying I won't cast on again, but I know at this point I won't get them done for his birthday so I will be focusing my attention on Cloud City.

Birthday Sock FROGGED

I finally got Cloud City cast on again yesterday. I'm ready to start into the charting, but I've got a little boy staying home from school today and tonight Lily is having a friend sleep over, so I'm not sure how much I will get done; aka how much uninterrupted knitting time will I have? Hopefully I can get at least the first chart done by the end of the (very busy) weekend.

Ready for the charting!

TGIF ... Have a fantastic weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you had to frog back. On the other hand ....you'll be happier when it looks just perfect.

    ReplyDelete