Monday, March 2, 2015

In Like a Lamb

Welcome to March. The month where everyone begins to get excited about Spring ... and then we get slammed with another snow storm. I'm not worried per say but March has started out very calm. Very lamb like and as they saying goes "in like a lamb, out like a lion" (or vice versa). Though it is windy today, so maybe that's a lion's roar and this truly is the end of our wintery weather.


Today feels weird. I don't have to run today. I might run anyway, but I don't have to. There's no pressure. I am definitely going to do yoga at some point, but the running thing, I'm not sure yet. My Sensei just sent me a text asking if I felt like working out (karate) but I've dedicated my day to laundry, grocery shopping and ensuring my children don't die from neglect*, so I won't be hitting the dojo this morning. Oh yes, it totally benefits them to have a wicked cool and fit mom, but I'm thinking clean clothes and food are pretty important too. LOL 

Knitting. Yup. I have been. I knit yet another super cute baby hat. Lily has made me promise if she ever has babies I will make her babies rainbow coloured items like this one.

Not sure why it is sideways ... weird.

Last night I cast on the first sock of Michael's birthday socks. I'm hoping to have them done by his birthday (which is in 23 days) but I'm not holding my breath. The socks are my "while the kids are home" knit. I'm re-casting on for Cloud City (test knit for Valerie) today too (aka "while the kids are at school" knit). These two projects are going to be my main focus for the next little while. Hopefully they both go smoothly. I don't foresee any issues, but it is me and sometimes my brain likes to eat cotton.

WCY Alley Cat Sock - Maine Coon (I think)

The sock looked like that *insert arrow pointing up* last night, but I made a mistake and started a 2x2 rib over 72 sts rather than the 1x1 rib I had planned to do. Simple mistake really seeing as the baby hats I've been knitting are 72 sts and 2x2 rib. I've cast back on and got it right now.

Have a great day!

*In case some idiot decides to read my blog and jumps to a conclusion ... I'm making a joke ... my children are not neglected. They are happy and healthy and loved. Fed and clothed. I'm just a little behind on the laundry.

2 comments:

  1. Love the colours in the baby hat! reminds me of ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It kind of does, doesn't it!? That bubblegum ice cream maybe. :)

      Delete