Sunday, August 5, 2018

Art and Going Fast

When we decided to park the trailer at a permanent site rather than towing everywhere we toyed with the idea of not getting another truck -- in the weeks prior we had test drove several. Well, as soon as we park our trailer at site M4 we are putting our beloved Tahoe (Eleanor) up for sale. I will probably cry when she sells. I love her. She's just too old and is now costing us more money than we want to spend on maintenance.

On Monday, Michael bought himself a "new" car. It's older, but he bought it from the original owners and it is (literally) in mint condition (even my dad approves and he has always been hyper critical of the vehicles we buy). I won't ever be driving it, because it has a manual transmission. He hasn't named it yet. He's considering Hector or Janet. I'll let you know ...



In other news:

Today was a super productive day for my trailer sign. I cut out all the lettering with my handy dandy exacto pen.


While I sliced and diced, Lily got her paint on. She is such a talented artist. She really sees things. How they should be, how they could be. She has the artists touch and the artists eye, so I entrusted her with the painting.



She did a fantastic job with my stencils and requested she be able to add her own "touch" to some of the signs so I left her to do her thing. I am absolutely floored and in love with the final product.

All we need to do now is add a clear coat, get them mounted to the post and put it in the ground on the trailer site. I'm over the moon with how this is turning out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment