Saturday, August 18, 2018

Here I Go Again ...

The number one problem with trailer life is storage space and keeping things neat and tidy (with a family of five, plus five pets). My biggest storage pet peeve is footwear and bike helmets outside the trailer door. Shoes get kicked off at random, helmets get tossed down, creating a mess and a tripping hazard.

This is my solution:


Once I got the boxes home we played a game of Tetris with them trying to decide on a configuration. These were the three options.




After much debate and a family vote, the staircase stack won out. 

But wait! I'm not finished yet! I have more! I'm going to stain the boxes (and label one for each family member -- the top one is for dog leashes) ... I just have to choose a stain pattern. Keeping in mind the deck will be a dark wood colour similar to this (though the deck style won't look like this one), which pattern do you like the best? (Colour spread sheet idea stolen from Valerie).


I will be using the leftover stain from the signs (aged grey) and the squirrel feeder (antique aqua). I also plan to put a plant on the top of each stack. 

Michael isn't sick of my projects yet, but I'm thinking once I start giving him the ones on the list he needs to help with that will change ...

No comments:

Post a Comment