Friday, April 12, 2013

Flower Power!

I've gone and done it. I knit up a feminine version of Hip to Be Pumpkin. My kids so want me to give the pumpkin coloured blanket to my sister -- who by the way has met her due date (today) and has not yet popped out the child -- but I thought it to be too masculine should she have a baby girl. Problem solved.

I call it (drumroll please) Hip to be Flower. Catchy, eh? LOL

Hip to be Square: Patons Decor New Pale Lilac: 5.5mm needles
Just like it's masculine counterpart this blanket is decorated with little leaves on each of the corners. :) I still think any baby is going to have massive amounts of fun chewing on and/or playing with them.

Just a Leaf: Patons Decor Frond: 4.5mm needles

My sister requested a gender neutral newborn hat. Can't get much more gender neutral than white.

Bernat Softee Baby Sport: White: 3.25mm needles

My hubby flies in from out of town (he works in Saskatchewan) tonight. I'm looking forward to seeing him. I even started a new knitting project (another baby blanket) to keep me occupied. It's a simple moss stitch and stockinette stitch pattern so I don't have much to think about, which is good because his plane lands between midnight and midnight-thirty and I'll be waiting up. YAWN.


2 comments:

  1. Love the purple of that blanket. Hope you niece arrives soon. I'm sure her mamma can't wait to meet her. ;-)

    I remember how hard those days were when you were past your due date.

    Best wishes to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The orange one was cute - but I like the purple much better! Here's hoping it's a girl!

    ReplyDelete