Monday, April 29, 2013

I'm a Hooker!

Yep, it's true.
I'm a hooker.
You caught me.
Oh you ... get your mind out of the gutter! Not THAT kind of hooker. GEESH! I'm talking about crochet.
Side bar: A friend of mine is having a baby in June. She is also the type to not find out the gender in the womb. The blanket I'm knitting is yellow and it's a 3x3 garter rib.
Back to the hooker bit.
Last night I was happily knitting along when I noticed I screwed up the garter rib a few rows down. It was late at night so I put the knitting down.
Today I spent close to an hour knitting across a row and then letting ever 2 out of 3 stitches drop down so I could hook them back in the right stitch pattern.
Tedius? Yes.
Worth it? Absolutely.  I couldn't have lived with it had I not fixed it.
Whew. Now I only have 15 more inches of garter rib left to knit and I will be finished!
I think I should add this little note. I'm posting this from my phone. Last month I got a new phone (Samsung Galaxy Note II) and it's awesome in every way imaginable.  I figured why not use it for blogging too ...
My point? I'm not sure how this is going to look. LOL
Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. You're a pretty good hooker! (And, I mean that in the nicest way.) :-)

    Happy knitting and/or hooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done that - but without the hook. I just use an extra dpn! Much better than ripping back all those rows

    ReplyDelete