Monday, September 9, 2013

Adolescents

Adolescents are a pain in the arse. Not only can they be mouthy, but they bring upon the word "No" a lot and that's not a word I'm too fond of using.

You may think I'm talking about my oldest son (who will be 12 in a couple months and is the epitome of a pre-teen) but no, him I can handle. I'm referring to the 8 month old chocolate lab puppy who has taken it upon himself to turn his ears off completely. I just keep telling myself (a) it's a phase and it'll pass and (b) it's not illegal to crate a puppy! :)

Ah, Mr. Moose, he may look all cute and innocent,
but he's a lab puppy through and through.

I've been knitting since I was about 8 years old and knitting on a regular basis since 2003 and I finally completed my very first adult sized sweater ever. And it's for ME! 

The pattern is the Eyelet Cardigan from Custom Knits 2 by Wendy Bernard. I knit a size small. I'd debated between a small and a medium (and even asked my knitter friends FB what they thought) because I had no idea what would fit me (since my weight loss). So glad I went with the small. It fits wonderfully! 

Sorry about the crappy cell phone pictures, I was lazy and didn't want to get my Canon out.

Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in Oxblood
4mm needles

I was also unsure of what kind of button to use, so I put a question into my best friend Valerie and once again she didn't let me down. She came over with a stash of buttons she thought would suit it and in about 35 seconds we had come to a final decision. Thanks again Valerie!! :)

My lovely button!
Michael has a friend who's wife is due with their first baby in December and has asked me, ever so nicely, to knit them a few things. How can I resist!? They're having a boy. :)

Baby Blizzard, Bernat Softee Baby, 3.5mm needles

I think I've chosen my next adult sweater and it, too, will be for me! I will save that post for another day though. :)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment