Monday, September 16, 2013

Feeling Nostalgic

When I was a young(er) version of myself I would lay on my bed, music cranked as loud as my parents would allow, or if they weren't home, even louder, and just listen.

Listen and feel and think.

The band I listened to most back then was Guns N' Roses and frankly they still round out my top five all time favourites.

Today I was feeling nostalgic so I sought out a couple of my favourite pieces. The music compilations this band put together were beautiful. Yes, it's metal, yes, it can be edgy and hard, but if you listen, full on and truly listen, it's expressive and complicated.

First Estranged.


Second November Rain -- Michael is not a big Guns N' Roses fan, but even he has to admit this is musical artistry at it's finest.


I'm still that girl -- the one laying on a bed with the music turned up loud. Only now my parents aren't here to tell me to turn it down.

1 comment:

  1. Love love love that your back here blogging....been too long girlie!!! Missed you! G&R......so classic. Nice to be nostalgic sometimes!

    ReplyDelete