Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Whirl Wind

When was my last post? June, I think, and it was pretty scarce around here before then. I could go on and on and on about promises to blog more often, but that'd be pointless. I enjoy blogging/writing but getting the inspiration is sometimes ... well ... impossible.

What's been going on?

Not much and lots all at the same time.

Mooser looking handsome!
As you know Michael took a job in Saskatchewan last September. Anyway, that project finished up about 4 weeks ago and we've been having a lovely summer together. We bought a (motor) boat, did some camping, did some beaching, swimming, water skiing and tubing and lots of other fun stuff. It's been a fabulous summer.

All good things must come to an end.

Dozer wants to go tubing too!!
The kids are back in school and without trying Michael was offered another job out West. Another Saskatchewan project, but with a different company. The house will be strangely quiet without him (or the kids) home during the days. I'm sure I will find something to do with my time (aside from regular boring ol' household stuff).

Knitting has been pretty great. I don't have any pictures to show you here, but if you head over to my Ravelry page you'll be able to see the stuff I've remembered to add.

I've read some great books this summer too. The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared, Orange is the New Black (also an excellent series on Netflix), The Light Between Oceans, 419 (which I'm currently reading) and a few others.

Running and fitness ... same as usual. Still keeping fit and being healthy. :) My next race is October 6th.

Epic Bitey Face
In 21 days Michael and I leave for Boston. We're going to be spending 4 kid-free days there. On the 27th we're seeing Michael Bublé in concert. Front row FLOOR seats. AWESOME. We never had a honeymoon (way back in 1998) so we've decided we're due. I think we're going to go to Vegas in January. Florida next year some time too -- the kids want to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (and so do I).

Moose is 8 months old ALREADY. He's a giant too ... not quite as tall as Dozer, but I'll bet he weighs as much. He's not overweight (no worries there) just a bit of a different shape. That could change with age and (body) maturity.

I'll leave it at that, I hope you are all well. :) Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! The way you've spent our summer sounds great! I wanted a doggy update for some time now. Both boys are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The puppies are looking so handsome!
    Glad you and Michael got to spend some time together before he headed out again!

    ReplyDelete