Thursday, February 19, 2015

Like the Wind

There hasn't been much knitting at chez Running Tangled, but there has been a little bit. It's just a wee little baby hat, but it's something. I have been busy, though I can't pinpoint what I've been busy doing.


I ripped back the start of Cloud City. I hadn't gotten far, but I realised I messed up, so it got frogged. I'll cast on again shortly. It's going to be so pretty once it's done, but for now it kind of looks like this.


My run streak is going wonderfully. So far my run tally is 88.3km. I haven't missed a day and there are only 10 days (including today) left to do. The finish line is in sight!

Speaking of finish lines ...

Do you remember how I had booked a race for Family Day? Well it went better than I could have ever dreamt! I had hoped to run my 10km in under an hour, but was thinking 59:59 would be sufficient. My dreams came true and then some! My official finishing time was 54:51 and ... yes AND ... I came in first place in my age group (35-39) and got a gold medal! It's not real gold, but the feeling of elation is the same as if it were. :)

Grimsby Family Day 10km


Michael's half marathon was cancelled because of extreme temperatures. Did I mention it was -26C with a wind chill of something much colder. The officials weren't worried so much about the runners who would be constantly moving and keeping warm, but the concern was for the volunteers who would be sitting (or standing) at the different stations along the route for 3+ hours. The half marathoners, hubby included, ran their own 10km race along the same route (at the same time as mine, but the results were calculated separately). He finished in a stunning time of 49:55. Like the wind. Both of us.

Grimsby Half-Marathon 10km -- 49:55


My truck is at the garage getting fixed. The fuel sending unit took a crap and started spewing gas all over the place when under pressure (so every time the truck was running). The part is somewhere in the area of $500-$700 plus labour. Yuck. I can't complain too much though. She's almost 11 years old and hasn't caused us too much trouble since we've had her. Also a $1000-$1500 garage bill is much easier to swallow than the cost of replacing her. Hopefully she will be home later today. I miss her.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to both of you! It's very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently you folks just want to get out of the cold --- run fast, get inside quicker! Congrats on the great times.

    DH's car goes in today .......after my trip to the ER on Monday, we certainly don't need more bills, but you gotta do what you gotta do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the win! All that cold would have just made me run for the nearest hot chocolate station!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your finish line photo!! Go Samantha!!!!

    ReplyDelete