Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Power Outtage

Last night, somewhere around the 11pm mark, my power went out with a BANG, flickered and went out again. I peeked out the window and the entire neighbourhood was black. Fast forward two minutes and the sirens could be heard, then they zip by my house, then more and more. It turned out to be a car, carrying 5 people, that flipped over and knocked out a power line. A 19 year old man was speeding and is being charged with impaired driving. As far as I have heard everyone survived with minor injuries. Which is good. After all that excitement I couldn't get to sleep until nearly 4am; not due to lack of trying mind you. The power came back on around 3:30am.

It was dark out. The light you see was from a neighbouring area.

Police, fire and ambulance ... about 2 blocks from my house.

This morning I had a great karate lesson. It lasted two hours and after a night of no sleep it left me surprisingly energetic. Afterwards my sister and I went shopping and I bought this dress. Now I need some shoes and/or boots to go with it and a place to go. :) Lucky for me my husband likes to take me out for dates so I'm sure it won't be too long until I get to wear it somewhere.

Now I have to hit the treadmill for my run. It's much later in the day than I normally care to run, but I've got to get it done. I guess that's why it's called a challenge. Tomorrow I'm running at the track with my Sensei. He mentioned he wants to start running again so I said "how about tomorrow?" and he said okay. Fun! I love that I have my entire running week planned out. It really helps to keep me motivated.

1 comment:

  1. Glad everyone is okay
    I drove past an SUV on its side on the way home last night (Centennial off-ramp) but haven't been able to find any info on the news. Probably someone realized they were missing their exit and swerving.

    The dress is cute! I have to go shoe shopping this week - I've totally changed my mind about my Chicago outfits, and I want to see if I can get a dressy pair of shoes!

    ReplyDelete