Monday, February 2, 2015

Snow Day!

Last night at bedtime Ethan told me he was going to do "crossies" all night in the grand hopes today would be a snow day. It must have worked because when I woke up at 6:10 this morning and checked the board of education website they had announced a snow day. I've asked him to do crossies (fingers crossed) on my next Lotto Max ticket ... it seems he has some kind of magic touch.

It took me two hours to shovel out this morning. The snow was a foot deep at the lowest points and up to my hip in other places. Pretty gross. The good news is Wiarton Willie predicts an early Spring. Ethan has crossies for that too.


Looking out my front window this morning.

There's a car under the mound on the right. LOL
My run streak began successfully. I did a 5.1km run yesterday. It was good. :)


I finished the baby hat yesterday and started another one. It's just a simple rolled brim hat; stockinette stitch. 



I am headed to the treadmill in a few minutes to get my run in for the day. Tonight I have to take Owen to guitar. The roads are mostly clear, but his guitar teacher works from home and he lives on a side street which is probably not ploughed yet. Thank Maude for 4x4.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, good time for that distance too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw - every time I take a selfie to send to my daughter I shriek and delete it fast. Hope that will change at some point. You don't even look out of breath or sweaty! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I was sweaty ... it was just hard to see. I could feel the salt. LOL

      Delete
  3. Yep .....4x4 is ALWAYS a good thing. ;-)

    That snow, while problematic, sure is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the city it's only pretty until the cars ruin it. LOL

      Delete
  4. I hope Ethan took full advantage of his snow day!

    ReplyDelete