Saturday, February 28, 2015

Yes, I'm a Knitter

Today at karate class it came up (while I was sparring) that I'm a Knitter. My sparring partner suddenly got very excited and said "can you make slippers?" Um, yeah, of course I can make slippers. His reaction "Oh I want some! Make me some! I will pay!" ... one million dollars. Sorry kid (he's 24) you can't afford me. Of course I didn't tell him that at the time. He may be 24 but he's a much more experienced karateka than I and I didn't want to get my butt whipped. So I just smiled and kept going. He'll forget about it because, like I said, he's 24.

Another baby hat.
My 2015 run streak officially finishes up today. It has been a fantastic month. My grand total is 130.4km, which is about 50km more than I ran in the February Run Streak in 2014.


Today I opted to run my final day outside. I ran to the dojo and had planned to run back, but the 90 minute sparring class really tuckered me out. Plan B was to take a cab home but when I said I was going to call a cab my Sensei (and new-found run buddy) offered to drive me home.

Here are a couple of pictures from my run today. It was cold, but so beautiful outside.

As I headed out the door.

Looking across the Grand River

Yes. I'm running tomorrow.

For now I'm going to sit back, relax, watch a movie or something on Netflix and knit (but not slippers for a 24 year old, lol).

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations for your excellent accomplishment! It was a lovely day today. We were outside a lot, almost sweating. ;o)
    I challenged myself in February to exercise every day at least 30 min. You inspired me, and I'm proud to say that I succeeded too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It totally bugs me when the first thing out of someone's mouth when they find out you're a knitter is: "Can you make me something?" When you meet a mechanic do you say "Hey man - can you fix my car?" Or a French teacher "Hey man - can you teach me to conjugate?" GRRRRRR.

    Hat looks good though.

    ReplyDelete