Tuesday, February 19, 2013

No Knitting

There has been no knitting here.

To make a long story short my son was admitted to the pediatric unit at the local hospital on the weekend. He has a broken patella (knee cap) from a fall on the ice earlier in the week and he had swelling in some of his knuckle joints which indicates he has some form of arthritis. We're hoping it is reactive arthritis from a cold virus (which means it's a one time deal and won't be recurring) but we see a rheumatologist later this week for more tests and hopefully some answers. The good news is he has no infection of any type (blood tests were done) and his fingers are not broken (xrays were done of his hands and knees).

He is home now, on bed rest, which is oh.so.boring for an active kid.

I'm hoping to get some knitting done today -- after I clean the house. LOL

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh .... that sounds terrible. I hope he will be feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor kid! Hope everything works out okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With kids it's always something. I hope he'll be alright soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I hope everything is ok and he heals fast. Poor fella.

    ReplyDelete