Friday, February 8, 2013

Snow Day!

It's a snowy day here in Southern Ontario. We're being hit by an Alberta Clipper and there is a tonne of snow falling. Currently there is close to a foot of fresh snow on the ground and it's still coming. It took me over half an hour to shovel just the end of my driveway - which is a priority because when the snow plough goes by to clear the road if the end of the driveway isn't done it will be filled with heaps and heaps of hard to move snow. I haven't done the rest of my driveway yet. It'll get done later. Usually during a regular sized snow fall it only takes me about 40 minutes to do the entire thing, including the sidewalk (which I'm grateful my neighbour with a snowblower did for me today).

This picture is deceiving. The "wall" of snow where the garage door was is about 15" deep, but it's mostly drift. However, by the car it doesn't look very deep at all. Both are inaccurate for the rest of the driveway ... like I said it's deep.

Snow!

The kids' school is closed today, as are all other schools in this and surrounding areas. Yay! Long weekend. It will be filled with playing outside in the snow (for the kids) and knitting! WOOHOO!

Have a great Friday folks!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good way to spend the weekend. Hope the storm doesn't hit you too hard.

    ReplyDelete