Saturday, March 30, 2013

Hip to be Pumpkin

My kids have a four day weekend, so I've had lots of extra help with the puppy which has enabled me to finish a knitting project; and since I'm finished one I'll be able to cast on for another! Yay! You know, or finish one of my WIPs. I do only have two WIPs on the go right now so casting on another wouldn't be entirely sinful.

This FO is a two parter. The main part -- the blanket -- is Hip to Be Square. It's just a simple stockinette stitch  block pattern blanket. I'm calling it Hip to be Pumpkin though because it's orange. The colour is called mandarin but it looks much pumpkinier to me than that. For the second part I added Just a Leaf to each of the four corners to give it a finished pumpkinesque look.

I'm not sure who the blanket is for. Definitely a baby, but I'm not sure which one. My youngest son thinks it should be given to my sister's baby (due to pop very soon) but I'm not sure ... maybe. I have another blanket on the needles for her baby.

On a side note I think a baby is really going to enjoy the the leaves on the corners. To play with, chew on, whatever. :)

Hip to Be Square: Patons Decor (mandarin) x3
5.5mm needles

Just a Leaf: Patons Decor (brown and sage)
4.5mm needles
Next up I'm going to be knitting myself a second Yogini Bolero. I wear mine a lot, but it's wool and it's too big on me (I've lost a bunch of weight), so I figure I need another one. I'm going to be using Super 10 cotton in Ecru (off white).

3 comments:

  1. The leaves make this blanket really special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...very cute with the little leaves. Best wishes to your sister.

    ReplyDelete