Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Biscotte Booties

I've been a slacker in the knitting department over the last week or so ... the actual knitting bit, I've been hanging out on Ravelry a lot ... and I've actually narrowed down my Ravellenic Winter Games project to ONE thing. That's right folks, I've decided.

I'm going to be knitting Waffle Blanket for the Ravellenic Games. I will be using Wandering Cat Yarns Big Cat in Sprout (which is as green as the name depicts). I got the yarn waaaay back when my sister was pregnant with her 2nd son and started knitting a leafy lace blanket for him. However, I saw something shiny, got distracted, totally forgot about it, lost my pattern (thus my place) and it had to be frogged. Now I have the opportunity to knit it into a blanket for another baby boy (he's due in April, coincidentally my nephew was born in April 2013).

I don't know the baby or the parents and in all likeliness won't meet them. The dad is Michael's co-worker in Saskatchewan. I just like knitting baby stuff. :)

Today I knit a little pair of booties. I just have to seam them up into shape. I think they're adorable. I will probably add these to my booty rotation. Too cute. The pattern is Biscotte Booties. I used Patons Decor on 4mm needles, the colours are Rich Grey Heather (dark) and Grey Heather (light).

Biscotte Booties
A Photo A Day #35
They don't look like much right now, but soon they will be super cute, I promise. :)

Speaking of super ... here's a picture of Jenny, Michael and I as we crossed the finish line at the race on January 26th. I bought this from the photographing company who was at the event ... I'm getting prints made. I especially love it because none of us is touching the ground, it looks like we were flying. :)

Robbie Burns 8km - Jan 26/14
Finish Line Photo

Michael headed off to Saskatchewan this morning. His flight left super early, so we had to be up and out of the house by 5:30am. It's been a long day. Thankfully I don't have much to do, so I watched the Season 6 finale of Sons of Anarchy and knitted booties. :)

2 comments:

  1. yay! Garter stitch!
    The running pic is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your running picture. I always look less than attractive in my finish photos, thus I have NOT purchased one.

    ReplyDelete