Friday, February 21, 2014

Canada for the WIN!

Woohoo! Canada's women won gold in both curling and hockey yesterday. The hockey game was AMAZING. I felt bad for the Americans at first because they played damned hard (and I still feel some empathy for their hockey team), but after reading online some of the comments American citizens were making about Canada I'm ABSOLUTELY disgusted about their reaction. They're horrible sore losers. The hashtag #FuckCanada is TRENDING on Twitter because the Americans are using it to diminish our awesome win. I know not ALL Americans are doing it and some have even congratulated the Canadians on the win (it really was a good game) but it just goes with the stereo types of the USA being ignorant and catty.

Anyway, we won and anyone who doesn't appreciate how hard those women (on both teams) fought can take a long walk off a short pier.

A huge icicle on the side of my house (has since come down)
A Photo A Day #49

Ethan wore his "Tuxstedo" to school. No reason.
He's just cool like that. :) Snazzy.
A Photo A Day #50

Moose!
A Photo A Day #51
Have a good one folks.

2 comments:

  1. I'm an American and I'M appalled at the behavior of the media in the U.S. And, it's not JUST Twitter. What ever happened to good sportmanship --- now it's ALL about the medal count and forget about the athletes who worked so hard to play their sport.

    The U.S. coverage of the Olympics is terrible. I stopped watching. I can't believe the are running a "special" about Tanya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan. It's OVER. Why are they giving Tanya Harding any more time in the spotlight. Surely there is a more interesting story among the current athletes. Maybe one that shows that hard work and determination count more than sensationalism.

    Oh lordy --- I'll climb down from my soapbox now.

    CONGRATS to your curling and hockey ladies. THEY DONE GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's it! I'm doing a photoshoot of that boy and his Tuxstedo!

    ReplyDelete