Saturday, February 8, 2014

Early Morning Hockey

This morning I was up bright and early. I had no alarm going off, yet I was was awake at the same time my alarm normally would go off. Why? Because there was a tweenaged girl sleepover here last night and Lily and her friend were awake early, as was Ethan due to the result of the tweenaged chatter.

At first I was moaning and groaning about not having a sleepover. Then I realised they did me a favour. The Canadian Olympic Women's Hockey team was going to be in their first game (starting at 8am Ontario time; I don't know what that is in Sochi) and because of the tweenaged chatter I wasn't going to miss any of it. The ladies of Team Canada won their game against Switzerland with a SHUT OUT score of 5-0. Go team!! :)

Knitting and Olympic Hockey
A Photo A Day #39

My knitting is coming along really well. I'm about 10% done. The pattern is easy to remember and it looks fabulous in the Big Cat yarn. The stitches really pop.

About 10% done!

I'm really liking this knit. It's simple yet on the pattern row I have to pay just enough attention that it keeps it interesting, but not so interesting that I have to give it more focus than what's happening in the Olympic events. It's perfect. :)

1 comment:

  1. It IS perfect. What a pretty stitch pattern.

    I'm working on stockinette socks and watching skiing. Love the Olympics!

    ReplyDelete