Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A First

I intended to take a bunch of pictures while running at the local indoor track with my sister today, but I totally forgot, and my post for today would be pretty boring without them, so a bit of a subject change was needed.

It would look something like this: Today I ran 5.8km, my sister ran 4.3km. It was fun. The end.

Soooo ...

The writing prompts for Mama's Losing It's Writer's Workshop are up and one of them caught my eye.

1. Find a photo of yourself taken 10 years ago and display it on your blog along with a current photo. How have you changed since the day that photo was taken?

This is something I have not done before. Two reasons. #1 My body 10 years ago was something I was not proud of or comfortable with. #2 You'd be hard pressed to find a picture of me from 10 years ago (due to #1).

Here goes.



Ten years ago I was somewhere in and around the 210 pound mark (95.25kg for the metric folk). I could blame the fact that I'd had two babies relatively close together, but the fact of the matter is, while I did have two babies close together, those babies did not make me sedentary or make me eat too much. I did that myself. I eventually made my way to around the 195lb mark and stayed there for a couple years.

About eight and a half years ago (2006), before I got (surprise!) pregnant with Ethan, I decided to lose weight, to get healthy. I lost around 30lbs and then when I got pregnant and gained it all back. Lucky for me after Ethan was born I lost all those 30lbs pretty much right away.

I sat at 165lbs, give or take, until January 2013. Even though I was actively running I couldn't drop any more weight. So I joined Weight Watchers, got support, started eating not only the right foods, but the right portions. In May 2013 I hit my goal weight and there I've stayed since.

Losing the weight has made me healthier, physically and mentally, it has enabled me to move forward in my athletic endeavours and shopping is so much fun now.

I feel great and I no longer shy away from the camera. :)

5 comments: