Saturday, January 3, 2015

First FO of 2015

I'm on a roll already this year; right on track with my finished knits. Last night I completed Lily's scarf. It does still need buttons, but for all intents and purposes it's done and officially the first FO of 2015. 

Going My Way
WCY Alley Cat Sock
Now that I'm done with the scarf I'm plugging along on Owen's blanket. So far today I've done three squares. I'm hoping to get a few more done today ... I've got American Horror Story (season 3) to keep me company while I knit, so I should be able to get quite a bit accomplished. 

Hip to be Square
Patons Decor 5mm needles
Michael flew out to Saskatchewan last night, so it's been a lazy quiet day. I headed to the pet food and grocery stores this morning before the storm (and I use that term loosely, because while it's cruddy out, it's not really storming) hit. I left the house at 10:30am and by the time I was in the line up at the grocery store (11am) the roads were covered with the white fluffy stuff. The snow seems to have stopped and has been replaced with slushy rain. I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere else today or tomorrow, and hopefully the icy stuff stops before we get the snow we're supposed to get Monday night into Tuesday. It'll be messy driving otherwise, and while I'm sure I'll manage just fine, there are a lot of people out there who didn't believe that winter was actually going to get here and still don't have their vehicles prepared ... anyway ... 

Knitting and Netflix (and later the treadmill) are calling to me ... cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Scarf/cowl (scowl????) looks great!
    Owen blanket is going to be so cozy

    ReplyDelete