Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Thirty-One

Good morning! Today I will be hibernating and staying indoors. It's bloody cold. I know I keep talking about this, but you have to understand, it has only been since January 1st that we've been subjected to real winter temperatures. Before January, heck, before 2015, we had lows of -1*C and highs of 11*C ... Now, however, it is lows of -18*C and highs of -7*C. To be precise, at this very moment, it is -15*C with a wind chill making it -28*C. Brr.

Luckily I've got lots to keep me busy. There's housework to be done, dogs to be snuggled and when all that is done, there is knitting.

Owen's blanket is nearly finished. There are 121 squares in total. I have knitted 90, which makes only 31 left to knit. Woohoo, I'm 2/3 of the way! The rows are getting shorter so it won't be long until it's finished. It's cosy, that's for sure. It keeps me nice and warm while I'm knitting it. I think he's really going to like it.

31 squares to go!
So many ends to weave in ...

Also, Mother Nature ruined my artwork.



3 comments:

  1. I'm guessing the dogs don't even want to go out to do their business! That is COLD!!!

    I LOVE Owen's blanket. Those are the colors of DH's and DS's colleges. Colors close to my heart. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dogs are weird, they want out ... but they let me know as soon as they've had enough and want back in. It doesn't take long.
      Thanks, I'm sort of jealous he gets to keep it. LOL

      Delete
  2. Blanket is looking great!
    You're also cold because you have no insulation!!! Go eat a cheeseburger or 12!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete