Saturday, January 5, 2013

Knitting Mojo, Where'd You Go?

Before the holiday season started my knitting mojo was hot. My needles were on fire. Now? Not so much. I think it's in part to the fact that I have this really gorgeous yarn and I am in search of a project that will do it justice.

Wandering Cat Yarns Twinkle Cat DK: Orion
2 Skeins @ 230 yards/skein

I love this yarn. Adore it. It's soft, it's blue, it's sparkly. What's not to love? You can understand why I need the perfect project for it. At first I thought I would knit a hat and scarf combo with it. Hermione Hearts Ron is the hat pattern I was going to use and then create a scarf pattern to match, and while I do like the hat I don't think it's the right one. I'm also considering a long and lacy triangular-ish scarf. Valerie gifted me a lovely brown scarf/shawl a couple years ago and it's my absolute favourite scarf. It's the perfect fit and I can wear it several different ways. I'd like to knit something similar using my blue Twinkle DK yarn. The only problem is I cannot find anything even remotely close. I'd even (attempt to) knit the same pattern as the brown scarf -- it is such a pretty pattern -- but I have no clue what it is.

My favourite scarf.

A close up of the beautiful pattern.

So you see, if I can find a pattern -- and I'm taking suggestions -- that will be perfect for this yarn I will be able to get my itchy knitting fingers back in the groove and my mojo will come running home to me.

5 comments:

  1. The pattern of the brow shawl is Mystic Midsummer Wreath... http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mystic-midsummer-wreath

    But what about Indian Feathers - it's a similar construction and you could adapt it to the heavier yarn easily
    http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Wanderingcat/indian-feathers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I love Indian Feathers. :) Not sure what you mean by adapt ...

      Delete
    2. It's knit in fingering... you've got DK... so you'd want to knit less feathers so it's not enormous and you don't run out of yarn

      Delete
  2. http://pdxknitterati.com/patterns/webfoot-and-filigree-scarves/

    Michele's Webfoot is really pretty too. The color of that yarn is simply gorgeous! I hope your knitting mojo comes home soon.

    ReplyDelete