Saturday, January 26, 2013

L.T.N.P.

Long time no post!

Holy cow, where has the time gone?

Michael is home from work so the lace knitting, as simple as it is, of Webfoot has been put on hold. I don't need distractions for that and when it's just the kids and I at home I do it when they're in school or in bed.

So I've started knitting baby stuff. I just found out there is going to be a baby boy arriving in the family in June and I didn't have any baby weight blue yarn so I went and picked some up. No, it's not my sister's baby. She still doesn't know the baby's gender. She's still not finding out until the baby is born in April. That's okay though ... just no gender specific colours for her!

The white is going to be turned into a couple sweaters in which I have blue and pink buttons for and the pink is going to be knit up and put into waiting.

Bernat Softee Baby 

Buttons Close Up

The buttons on the right are going to be put on the sweater I'm knitting with the blue yarn. I don't have a picture of it, but I'm about 50% finished. The pattern is Top Down Seamless Garter Ridge Raglan Baby Sweater. I've made some changes to the pattern, just slightly, but I think it's too busy with the garter ridges all the way down so I've stopped them part way. It's looking good.

The buttons on the left I just love the colour of. I think I will probably put them on a white cardigan. They're kind of an odd yellowy-orange and I think they'll pop really nicely on something simple. We'll see.

Today we meet the puppy. It turns out there were female puppies in the litter, I misunderstood, but they were already spoken for. C'est la vie. We're still happy with our little chocolate boy. I will be taking pictures and blogging all about it. Be on the ready! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love those little bus buttons. Can't wait to see puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little buttons with the school bus. Perfect for a little boy sweater.

    ReplyDelete