Friday, January 11, 2013

Totally Random

Yesterday I went to Walmart, which is not my usual stomping ground, but they had totes on for a good price. I bought 6 small totes, 1 large one and one of those three drawer plastic thingies. Today L and I cleaned her room. We used ALL the totes. They are labelled, filled full of art stuff and toys and her room is organized. Hooray!

The three drawer plastic thingy.
You will notice the top drawer says "Sewing, Knitting, Beading"
That's my girl!
I bought myself a new camera. A little gift from the husband's pay cheque to me. LOL It's a Canon SX50 HS and there are a lot of really cool features on it. I only picked it up yesterday so I've been playing with the settings and figuring it all out. I'm excited to have a real camera again. I've been using only the one in my phone for about 6 months and it's horrid.

In knitting news I've knit two more hats since my last hat post. Hats are quick, easy and when they're baby sized, they're super cute. The patterns are Mock Cable Baby Hat and Bev's Baby Ribs Hat.

Bev's Baby Ribs Hat: Regia Sock Yarn

Mock Cable Baby Hat: Butterfly Super 10 Cotton
I also finished a baby sweater I started knitting in 2011. Yes. It took me two years to knit a baby sweater. Pathetic. I hang my head in shame. On the plus side, it's done now. Hooray!! The pattern is Paxton Jacket. A very cute and super fast knit ... for most people. ;)

Paxton Jacket: Random Sport Weight Yarns
What can I say? It's been two years and I lost the labels. LOL
I hope everyone has a superb weekend. My kids are all home for a long weekend. Monday is a PA Day, which is fine and dandy, but I've had to shift LSD Monday to LSD Tuesday. It'll be 12km on Tuesday.

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Cute knits!
    It always feels so good when things are organized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new camera. My older camera is a Canon SX20IS --- LOVED it. It got passed down to DH when I got a Nikon for Christmas.

    I still grab the Canon when I want a quick shot --- like the huge hawk is on the back fence and I don't have time to mess with lenses.

    Cute knits --- love the little baby sweater. Looks very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanna come to my house and help me organize? Or L? She eems pretty good at it. I should post a wall of organizational shame soon.

    Your knitting and running output always astounds me. I love hearing about both: it inspires me so much!

    ReplyDelete