Thursday, January 9, 2014

Adventures of Being Mom

I missed posting yesterday, but I promise I didn't do it on purpose. I had a bit of a situation ...

To make a long story shorter ...

Michael's Tuesday flight was cancelled due to the Polar Vortex, so he booked himself into a different flight Wednesday. Yay. Wednesday I got a call from the school that Owen was feeling unwell and needed to come home. He had several symptoms of appendicitis so I called the family doctor, there were no appointments available and they suggested going to the after hours clinic. I didn't think I should wait so I called Telehealth. Telehealth suggested (after about 30 minutes of over the phone diagnosis) going to the ER. So I called the school and had them get the other two ready so I could drag three kids to the ER.

There was lots of waiting, but not too much, they were really swamped and they were keeping everything moving the best they could. After about two and a half hours my sister came and got the younger two kids so they wouldn't have to hang around and be bored and exposed and whatnot.

More waiting, blood work, an xray and more waiting later it turns out Owen does not have appendicitis. He has a viral infection and his body is working exponentially hard to get rid of it.

Whew.

Michael arrived home shortly after we arrived home from our adventure in the ER.

Pictures? Yes!

My photo for yesterday is one of my favourite bits of a dog. Big floppy ears.

Dozer's Ear
A Photo A Day #8

This morning is another of my favourite things -- a sign that Michael is home! The only time Tasimo Latte is used is when he's here. I don't drink it.

Michael's Latte
A Photo A Day #9
I didn't get Pogona done yesterday as planned, due to the above situation, but I only have the bind off row to do. Yay! Hopefully today!

I'm finished Sons of Anarchy season 4, and now I'm in need of the 5th and 6th seasons. I'm not going to be able to wait for them to get on Netflix. I will need to buy them. NEED.



2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your son didn't have appendicitis. That is NOT fun. Hopefully he will be feeling better real soon.

    ReplyDelete