Sunday, January 12, 2014

M-m-m-my Pogona

Yesterday we headed yonder to the Toronto International Boat Show so my wonderful husband could drool at all the toys they had there to offer. It's about an hour and ten minute drive to Toronto from our house so I decided that would the perfect time to bind off my Pogona shawl. I'm not even kidding when I say it took the entire trip there to do the entire bind off. We pulled out of the driveway and I started the bind off immediately. I finished about 3 minutes before we parked. It's a LONG bind off. I don't know how many stitches there were, but there were a lot.

Pogona Pre-Bind Off
A Photo A Day #11

I don't have a post-bind off picture yet, but it's heading to the blocking board shortly and will be ready to be worn very soon.

My mom loved Pogona so I'm going to use my 2nd skein of Wandering Cat Yarns Solo Cat in Lagoon to knit her one of her own. I knit my Scarf With No Name with Lagoon. So pretty!

It's now the season where we tackle indoor projects around the house. We're finally finishing our basement (which we started several years ago) and we're painting a couple other areas in the house as well.

Paint Chips, not as tasty as potato chips.
A Photo A Day #12

From left to right: Blue and Red (the darkest on the chip) are for Ethan's bedroom. He has chosen to have 2 walls blue and 2 walls red. The middle, teal, is for the family room in the basement. We're doing the top half with the teal and the bottom half will be white wainscoting. It's going to be nice. And finally, on the far right we've chosen a nice warm brown (either the 2nd or 3rd) for the hallway and kitchen. Yay! I love fresh paint. :) I don't even mind painting ... Michael and I usually have fun doing it. Weird I know, but we have a good time. Chatting, listening to music, etc.. It's good. :)


1 comment:

  1. When you are done your place, feel free to c'mon down. We could use some painting here. ;-)

    ReplyDelete