Saturday, January 25, 2014

Snowpocalypse

Last night when I went to bed I hoped the weather forecast I'd heard wasn't going to come to fruition. I had hopes it was blown out of proportion and we weren't going to get dumped on by yet another snowpocalypse. I don't want to say my hopes were dashed or destroyed because it doesn't affect me that deeply. I'm just so done with snow and winter. It's pretty, yes, but this girl was built for warm temperatures and sunshine. Bring on the humidity too!

At least the dogs are happy about it.

Snowy Day Bitey Face
A Photo A Day #25

They're so happy about the snow they're even grinning!

It always snows when Michael is at work. Without failure the big stuff falls, not when he's home to help shovel, but when he's far far away. Yes, he has snow and cold of his own to deal with, but it'd be nice to have some help ... some efficient help (kids are not efficient at shovelling snow).

My hopes for efficient help came true this morning. I peeked out my window to see actually how deep it was in the driveway and I saw that my neighbour had not only ploughed the sidewalk, but he had done my driveway too. He only did to the back of my Tahoe, but 90% of the driveway is done and that's fantastic. What a swell guy! I'm going to head out later to clear off the truck and finish the driveway, that way it's done ... and hopefully the snow stops falling so I don't have to do it more than once.

Today's knitting project is a new hat for Owen to match his Gryffindor scarf. 

Tomorrow I have a running race. It's 8km, in celebration of Robbie Burns Day. I'm seriously hoping (lots of things hanging on hopes in this post!) the snow stops and the roads get clear because I don't want to have to cancel due to poor driving conditions. Running conditions be damned, my best-runner-friend and I are prepared for that. Oh we'll look silly all geared up with our faces covered, but we'll be warm!


Stay warm folks!

1 comment: