Monday, January 20, 2014

Zoom!

Today had just zipped by. It only seems like a few minutes ago in which I was dragging my sorry arse out of bed and getting the kids all up and at 'em. I didn't want to get out of bed. I wanted to hit snooze and get out of bed tomorrow ... or Friday. Now that I've had a whole day it's almost like I've blinked and missed it.

Ethan was a little tough to get out bed this morning too, which isn't unusual, but he's usually not the hardest to get out of bed. Owen holds that title, but once he's up, he's good to go. Lily is good about getting out of bed, but she dawdles ... get a little bit ready, play a little bit, brush a little bit of hair, fiddle with something else a bit. Kids. Geesh! This morning Ethan brought his favourite things to the living room with him. They've been keeping his spot on the couch warm all day. I knitted (knit?) the green and beige blanket when I was pregnant with him. We call it "The One" because when he was born he latched onto it and hasn't let it go since. When he was one year old, ish, I made the red, white and blue blanket. We call it "The Two". It was made as a spare for The One in case he ever forgot it somewhere. Now he favours The Two, but they're both dragged around most places. The chocolate lab is PuppyO. It's the first ever stuffed animal he named himself. He was very little. PuppyO is very loved. The little orange and white guy is Sprite. Ethan got him for Christmas and named him Sprite because (a) Sprite is his favourite pop and (b) because he's a Soda Pup (that's what Webkinz labelled his "breed" of dog). I cherish the moments when I see Ethan toting his favourite things around with him, because it's not going to last forever.

Ethan's Favourite Things
A Photo A Day #20

I will update you on my knits in tomorrow's post. I will tell you I've finished Lily's hat and that Pagona Too never made it to the blocking board ... I'm bad, I know. LOL

1 comment: