Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Twenty-Fourteen

Happy New Year!

Wow, 2014 -- it's hard to believe it's been so long since the Y2K panic and the ever so pressing end of the world prediction of 2012 -- we survived and, I don't know about you, but I'm excited about the upcoming year. 2014 is going to have some tough moments, I know, but mostly it's going to be great.

In 2014 I'm going to attempt to do the Photo A Day thing. I'm hoping to get them all posted here, but I will definitely post them on my Instagram account (r5samantha) under the tag #aphotoaday. I have had my Instagram account for quite sometime but just recently started using it. It's fun. :)

Today's photo is bought to you by the letter C for Coffee, because when I stay up that late I need lots of it the next morning.

My coffee cup is nearly empty, I am going to have to remedy this.
A Photo A Day #1

Last night while my kids happily played together on the Wii U I watched episodes of Sons of Anarchy and worked on knitting slippers. I am finished all but the weaving in the ends (striped slippers) and seaming them. Hopefully, with the help of more of SOA and coffee I will have them finished later today. Pictures to come!

My knitting goals of 2014 are to knit things that make me happy. I've got plans to knit myself another cardigan and a few other projects I'd like to have, but otherwise I'm not planning anything. Just picking stuff on a whim. 

My running goals of 2014 are a little more complicated. I'm looking to PB my 5km and 10km distances. So speed is the goal. I have a race at the end of January (8km) and a few more already booked throughout the year. I won't be working beyond the 10km marker (I don't think so at this point anyway) but I will be cheerleading Michael as he works towards greater distances. He has a 50 mile race (80km) in May. Crazy. I could do that. 10km at a time over a few weeks. Easy! LOL

The one thing my knitting and running goals have in common are to have fun and enjoy myself and no injuries! I've already done the running injury thing, and I'm still working to repair my body 100%, and a knitting injury has the potential for something even scarier, I mean geesh, I could poke an eye out!! Anyway, what's the point if I'm not enjoying it?

My life goals are simple. Be happy and kind, love strong, share glorious moments with my family and friends and have fun.   

I wish you all the best in 2014. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like some real good plans.

    I'll be doing 5Ks again this year. I did one in December, but due to it's size (4500 people) AND where it was (Sea World), I mostly walked. We are doing one in January and I'm going to give a run/walk a try. Don't know what you can accomplish until you push yourself, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you 'round these parts again....happy new year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete