Friday, January 3, 2014

Three in a Row!

What a great start to the new year, I've posted three days in a row, counting today, four if you count the last day of 2013. :) It must be some kind of record!

My day today = Laundry Day. Oh Joy!
A Photo A Day #3

Yesterday I mentioned that I was going to start on the Reading Mitts and I did, however I was really not that keen on the yarn I'd chosen, a worsted when the pattern calls for a DK yarn. It was going to be the right fit, but they felt too thick, too bulky, and I knew I wouldn't like them so I ripped them out. I don't have any DK yarn in my stash, other than baby yarn, so I went on a hunt for the yarn the pattern calls for (Berrocco Ultra Alpaca) and I ordered a lovely skein from eBay, however, when I reviewed my order (after paying for it -- AFTER I got the shipping notice) I came to realise I'd ordered the wrong weight of yarn. Ooops. Oh well, it's LOVELY and I'm sure I can find something else to knit up with it.

I'm sure Valerie laughed at me when I emailed her my error (we'd been emailing back and forth all day about knitting, her kitty and whatnot) ... actually I'm pretty sure her words were "LOL lemme look in my stash" ... MY HERO! She's going to mail me a surprise (as in I have no idea fibre or colour) skein of yarn to knit my Reading Mitts. Thanks again friend!! :)

So rather than mope in defeat I went on the hunt for another something to knit. I wound up buying Pagona by Stephen West and cast on immediately with Wandering Cat Yarns Alley Cat (sock) in Firestarter. Last night I was able to get the first section done. I could have done more, but my eyes were buggy from lack of sleep the night before so I quit while I was ahead.

Pagona - Section 1 complete - WCY Alley Cat in Firestarter

Well I'm off to rule the world of laundry folding now, because the sooner I get it done, the sooner I can hunker down and get knitting.



1 comment:

  1. You're a good girl. My dryer beeped and I'm ignoring it while I play on the computer.

    ReplyDelete