Friday, January 17, 2014

Try Try Again

If at first you don't succeed, try try again.

Right?

I'm going to knock wood on this one, because it's still early.

All three of my kids went to school today and all three were happy and healthy when they left the house. I'm feeling hopeful we can get through an entire school day without one of them coming down with some sort of illness that paralyses my day.

KNOCK WOOD.

I'm finally sitting down for some quiet time after a morning of busy busy busy. I headed out for groceries, dog food, yarn (yay!) and got home around 11:45am and put everything away, did some housework, ate some lunch and now ... rest ... and there will be coffee and knitting too.

This is what cup holders are really for.
A Photo A Day #17

Lily requested a new hat, the same as her old one, but a different colour. She is very picky about texture so I picked up some Bernat Satin for her. I picked a couple colours I though she'd like ... she might pick both. I'll keep you posted.

Wednesday and Thursday a couple of my knits hit the blocking board. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate blocking? Yes, lace is magic and all that jazz, but bleh, blocking.

Scarf With No Name
Wandering Cat Yarns Solo Cat: Lagoon
The scarf is the same yarn I'm using for Pogona Too. It's such a lovely colourway. I really do enjoy those blues and greens. Though it looks so much different in each pattern. You'll have to take my word on it because I don't have any pictures of Pogona Too right now. :) I do have my other (freshly blocked) Pogona though. Yay!

Pogona
Wandering Cat Yarns Alley Cat Sock
Firestarter

My mail was exciting today ... More yarn! YAY!

Wandering Cat Yarns ... AWESOME!

The yarn on the left is for a pair of Reading Mitts. The yarn on the right is for a super secret project for a super special person. Lucky them. ;)

While my day is still quiet I'm going to keep knocking wood until it's 3:15pm and time to get my kids from school. :) 

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Bernat Satin is one of the few acrylic yarns I will buy - it's pretty nice to work with.

    You blocked knits look great - but I really love how Pogona turned out. I was planning on making my Firestarter into socks... but now I'm thinking shawl.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no better day than NEW YARN DAY!

    ReplyDelete