Monday, January 6, 2014

Back to the Usual

Hello Monday, thanks for the snow and ice. Two out of three of my kids would have been disappointed had school been cancelled today, so thankfully it wasn't. The third kid was disappointed it wasn't a snow day, but once he got moving and ready for school he was happy to be going. It's been a long two week winter vacation, nice, but long.

Everyone is ready to be back to the usual.

I've got to head out and see if I can scrape some of the icy snow off my driveway and side walk shortly. I don't know how successful I am going to be, but I need to try before the temps drop into the double digit negatives later tonight. Brrr. I try not to complain about the cold, even though I'd prefer the warm weather, because today it is -36C where Michael is working and that's without the windchill. With the wind it is -48C. Oh, did I mention he's working outside? Yeah. That's COLD. So like I said, I try not to complain.

Plus I've got knitting to keep me warm.

I'm almost finished Pogona. It's a fun, simple, but beautiful knit. The yarn (Wandering Cat Alley Cat, firestarter) is so nice to work with, and the colours are gorgeous.

Pogona in WCY Alley Cat - Firestarter
A Photo A Day #6
I've been watching Sons of Anarchy while knitting and I'm into season 4 now and if you haven't watched stop reading now ... ... Omg. I can't believe Clay killed Piney. Piney was such a sweet guy. Clay is horrid and I don't like him.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you stay as warm as possible.

    We spent the afternoon covering up the delicate palms and bringing what we can into the garage. Going down to below freezing tonight and joy of joys ...I'll be up and out early. I have jury duty tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice knit you got going there.....and as far as Sons.....you ain't seen nothing yet. OMG! The last episode of this last season.......OMG!!!!! lol

    Have you done the whole Downton Abbey? Another holy awesome show!!!!

    Stay warm darlin'!!!!

    ReplyDelete