Saturday, January 18, 2014

Lazy Saturday

My kids were given the strict instructions to not let me sleep passed 9am this morning. I woke up at 8:20am and thought "I'll just close my eyes for a minute and then get up." The next thing I know my daughter is knocking on my bedroom door at 10:30am and my husband is giving me a wake up call ... on his break at work ... ooops. I must have been tired.

Yesterday I got the call that my ring (the beautiful sapphire and diamond ring hubby bought me just before Christmas) was ready to be picked up. I had worn it over Christmas (too big) and then taken it back to be resized. So rather than waiting, right after work I threw the kids in the Tahoe and drove 40km (80km round trip) to pick up my ring. I couldn't wait ... lets face it, I like my beautiful shiny ring. It sparkles and I wanted it back. :) I wear it in place of my wedding ring. Michael hasn't worn his wedding ring for about 8 years when he had to have it cut off, but we recently got him a (temporary) replacement. My wedding ring is yellow gold, but my tastes have changed and I much prefer white gold and I much prefer sapphires to diamonds, so yeah, this works out well. :) I say "temporary" for Michael because his ring is silver and while it's nice I'd like to get him something nicer, something white gold, like mine, but without the stones. I'm hoping to pick something out for him for our anniversary this year.

Yay shiny!

We got a little more snow last night, as it was coming down it was beautiful huge flakes. Not so much fun to shovel, but we didn't get that much, so it's okay. My neighbour has a snow blower and is kind enough to do the entire side walk on the block. It really makes a huge difference. We have a one hundred and some-odd foot long frontage so it's really helpful -- and appreciated. :)

Mr. Snowblower
A Photo A Day #18

As well as today being lazy because I slept in, it's also a bit lazy because once I had a few household chores done and got supper in the slow cooker (honey, ginger ribs) I sat down to work on Pogona Too and watch an episode of Sons of Anarchy. I've been watching about 2 episodes a day, while I knit or do housework. It's great laundry folding entertainment, not so good when I'm running the vacuum though. ;)

Knitting and Sons of Anarchy

My nails look like crap right now. I've had fake ones for about 5 months and have decided it's time to let them grow out and let my real nails have a breather. I hate this stage.

2 comments:

  1. Purty!

    I considered shoveling the snow we got... but somehow I just never got around to it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ring is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats on getting your shiny back! :-)

    ReplyDelete