Friday, January 10, 2014

Get Hitched!

On December 28th we were rear ended in our Chevy Tahoe by a compact car (Acura). Our truck didn't sustain any damage, but the front of the Acura was pretty messed up. He was probably going 25-30km/h when he hit us. I'm thankful no one was hurt, but I'm also thankful my precious Eleanor (the truck) was a-okay. I'm also thankful I drive a truck because something smaller would have had substantial damage.

There was one part that was wrecked. The hitch cover. Lucky for the guy in the Acura the day before we had removed the bar/ball from the hitch and replaced it with the cover. Otherwise he wouldn't just have had body damage, he would have had rad and engine damage as well.

The old.

The old hitch cover -- at least the sticker bit -- was actually stuck in the front end of the Acura. My husband bought this one because he figured it suited me.

Well, we couldn't go without a new hitch cover for very long. I had a couple picked out on CafePress (and still may buy one of them) but we happened upon this one at Canadian Tire yesterday and figured it was perfect given our rivalry with my sister and her husband and their Dodge loving family. We're Chevy people -- of course we are because we would never choose an inferior product.

The New
A Photo A Day #10
As far as I can tell we're one up on those stinky Dodge owners now.

2 comments: