Thursday, January 16, 2014

Short Lived

Well that was short lived.

Yeah. The silence that was so golden came to a screaming halt yesterday around 1:40pm. The school called. Ethan was feeling unwell and "could you come and get him?" Of course. That's what a mom is for. His tummy was hurting ... yuck ... and that's how Owen's tummy troubles started last week. So I brought him home and we watched Tangled and hung out and his tummy didn't stop hurting but nothing else happened. He didn't want to eat dinner, which is not usual. He's picky, but generally eats without too much of a fuss.

A boy and his dog ... snuggles make everything better.
This morning I woke him up to see how he was feeling. Guess who's staying home today? He's not feeling extremely horrible but he's feeling bad. Bleh.

So today I run on the treadmill, rather than in the glorious outdoors with my best-runner-friend Jenny. We have a race in 10 days (8km) and I know I can do it but I'd really hoped to do some training with her before hand. Our lives have been crazy busy, between Christmas and vacations in warm climates (her not me -- jealous!) and kids being sick we haven't run together since last year, before Christmas. We're aiming for next week. Fingers crossed.

What do you do when you've got a little boy at home who isn't feeling well? You watch superhero movies of course.

Yay X-Men
A Photo A Day #16

We have lots more superhero movies than just these three, but he has only seen the first X-Men movie, and that was the other day. I just got these (3 bluray movies, $11.99 -- score!) so we'll watch these. A little boy being home means no Sons of Anarchy for me today, but that's okay, I will survive. LOL If we get through these and he still wants to watch movies I will start us on the Iron Man trilogy -- our favourite.

There will be knitting too. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hope your little guy is feeling better soon. Lots of the "crud" going around right now.

    ReplyDelete