Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Alone Time

Yesterday it was late in the day and I realised I hadn't yet taken a photo for my Photo A Day collection, so I grabbed my phone, pointed it towards Michael and took his picture.

Say cheese!
A Photo A Day #27

I guess he didn't want his picture taken. LOL

Today after the kids headed off to school and I was done my morning meeting we headed out for a lunch date and a delicious burger joint in town. It's called The Works. The menu is super creative and cool. I have to be careful what I order, because of a garlic allergy, but there is still tonnes there I can eat. It's a great place for a once in awhile treat, but I couldn't imagine eating there very often ... omg the calories! It's all so tasty though. I love that they use glass measuring cups for drinks. Super neat.

The Works
A Photo A Day #28

The next stop was the tattoo parlour. At Christmas I bought Michael a gift certificate for a new tattoo. After some careful planning and pouring over a zillion fonts we took his idea to our tattoo artist and they worked out the last couple of kinks and then it was time for pain. *insert evil laugh* I have two tattoos and they didn't hurt to get, but the area Michael was getting his was a little more sensitive. On his inner forearm.

Michael and our tattoo artist Allan
Today we found out they're birthday buddies!

His tattoo is a tally of his long distance and ultra running races. The ones he has done are already on it and in May he is running an 80km race. It will be a lifetime of tally marks on it. I love this idea. Very cool. Very Michael. He had it tattooed on so he can read it when he looks at it so he will always have the motivation of pain adding another check when he's running.

New Tattoo

I don't have any knitting on the needles right now. I have to buy some yarn so I can get prepared for the Ravellenic Winter Games. Hopefully I'll make it to the yarn store later this week. :)

1 comment:

  1. Lunch sounds delicious! Good luck to Michael with his race count - I think he's crazy, but as long as he's happy, I'll cheer him on!

    ReplyDelete