Thursday, January 30, 2014

On My Mind

With my mind on my money and my money on my mind.

Thanks to my post title that song (or at least that line from that song) will be stuck in my head all day. 

I shall post a link now so you can all be tortured. Disclaimer I've never watched the video, so I have no idea what the content is. LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeZTWZHtknI I don't even know all the lyrics, only the part I posted above. It could be horrible and awful. 

Back to our regularly scheduled posting ...

Yesterday Michael and I went to Costco. It was REALLY busy. I guess people didn't go when the weather was horrible so yesterday when the weather was good again they all barged in. We still made it out in good time -- under 1/2 hour. We knew what we wanted and just got that stuff. Under $100 too. Miracles CAN happen at Costco if you let them. 

A Miracle at Costco
A Photo A Day #29

After having such a great race on the 26th there has been one predominant thought on my mind -- More Races! I was already signed up for three more (each 5km) but I decided to up the ante. I've signed up for the 10km Sulphur Springs trail race in May. 10km for me is a long distance. However, it's a short jot out for my sweet hubby. He is doing the 50mi (80km) race that very same day.

So, now that's four races. One in March, one in April and two in May. Then I have a big space ... I'm going to have to find something to keep up my motivation because in October I have committed to doing the 50km relay race at Run for the Toad. I have a team of four so I will only be doing 12.5km, but keep in mind, 10km is long for me. I've done a half marathon (21.1km) but I don't have the ambition for that kind of distance again -- yet. So I'll work up slowly and have fun doing it. :) 

Bibs and pj pants from Robbie Burns 8km
A Photo A Day #30
I'm not in it for the win or break any records, finishing is winning, I'm in it to have a good time. I discovered last year when I injured myself that it's no fun to run if you're doing it for the wrong reasons. So now I do it for the right reasons, because I enjoy it. If I don't feel like doing it I don't do it. I'm not going to force myself to train for something I know I won't enjoy just to have that race under my belt. It's all gotta be fun. :)

And fun it will be!

My team mates are super great people -- Best Runner Friend Jenny, her awesome hubby Derek, my sister Vickey and I will each do one 12.5km lap. My husband, who I think is awesome and crazy, will be doing the 50km run solo. 

YAY fun!

2 comments:

  1. For me, running is all about the social aspects of it. I agree --- every one that I have finished has been a big WIN for me. My times will NEVER impress anyone, but the fact that I'm still getting out there and "doing it" impresses the heck out of ME! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! I know you can do it - no problem!

    ReplyDelete